- physical transformation and healing
- greater sense of peace and ease in life
- increased ability to give up old patterns that are no longer having positive effects
- lowered blood pressure
- increased circulation
- stress relief
- detoxifying: sweat out the bad stuff!
Oui Lingo: Terms you might see and hear a lot explained.
What Does OUI mean?
Oui is the French word for yes! We are all about being a yes at OUI. We are a yes for community, empowerment, and service. Our mission at Oui is to empower you to live your best life NOW through the practice of yoga. We encourage you to get present and live fully RIGHT now with power, promise, and possibility.
The poses we use will build strength, balance and flexibility while flowing from one pose to the next. You will gain power and ease both on and off your mat while have more fun than you have ever imagined
Hot Power Vinyasa- Is the type of practiced at Oui Power Yoga.
Hot- The classes are held in a room heated to between 88-95 degrees unless otherwise noted. The heat allows for deeper opening in the body, detoxifying of internal organs, and burns more calories.
Power- This is a fast paced and physically challenging practice. We sweat, strengthen and build flexibility in your body. All levels are welcomed and encouraged. Modifications and variations are explored and encouraged!
Vinyasa- Flow, in class we are constantly moving. Breath is linked to pose for a moving meditation.
We ask everyone in our community to:
- Show up fully once you show up for class and be open to new possibilities and pathways.
- Please be on time; arrive for class 10-15 minutes early.
- Be kind to your mat neighbor and our team. We are a stand FOR each others’ GREATNESS and SUCCESS at Oui.
- Please remove shoes upon entering reception area. There are shoe cubbies to the right of the water fountains.
- Sign in prior to setting up your mat in the studio.
- Leave all cellular devices outside the yoga room. No exceptions. Unplug to truly get plugged in.
- Great conversations are for before and after class – please no talking during practice.
- In the yoga room, please no food, no gum, no glass, and all containers must be sealed.
- Please do not apply perfume, scented oils or lotions just prior to entering the studio. Odor sensitivities and/or allergies are common.
- We sweat a lot! Please wear clean, appropriate attire.
- Keep ALL personal belongings outside of the yoga studio. There are cubbies available for your use.
- Please leave valuables at home. Oui Power Yoga is not responsible for any lost items at any time.
- We ask that you stay for the entire class (this includes savasana). If you have a special circumstance, let the instructor know before class begins.
- In this case, please set your mat near the door and leave before savasana begins.
- If you have signed up for class, kindly cancel 4 HOURS prior to the class you have committed to take. Any late cancellations or no shows will be charged one class (either by deducting the class from your current class pack or by charging a “no show” fee for those on a first month or unlimited monthly membership.
- Be Generous and HAVE FUN: Commit to making our classes, each other and our community great.